Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's all going to take off next week...

... (hold that thought - I have been saying that for the last 4 weeks after every thursday chantier meeting). I have to say August is not the time to have 'almost' finished your house. All the tradesmen hang up their tools (or leave them strewn about the place) and disappear for a good 4 weeks! And they don't all go at the same time - they stagger it - so from about June until end of August you can find yourself pulling your hair out as you stand alone in your concrete pit being greeted by nothing but your own forlorn echoes 'hello oo oo oo oo!?'

I tried to comfort myself with the thought that perhaps they would come back refreshed after 3 weeks on a beach but I was radpidly put straight that they usually fly back to Kosovo or Portugal and spend 3 weeks solidly building their own homes! Fat chance they're going to come back fresh as spring chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment