Friday, January 20, 2012

Baby room

Ok so I dreamt that my baby had woodworm.

This was followed by fitful sleep mumblings with self about 'sending him back' and 'getting a refund' or 'would they send me a new one in time'... ?

This little 'nocturnal-molotov-dream-cocktail' must be a sign of the apprehension I'm feeling about the imminent arrival of our baby (in about a week) and the fact that my dad commented on our brand new table having woodworm holes all over it... and the fact that Maisons du Monde would not fix a mirror that they delivered with a missing hook because I waited 4 days instead of 3 to let them know about it...

After a few nights fitfull sleep I'm not sure which I prefer - the dreams of popping the baby in the microwave to warm him up or dreaming about looking at renovating huge $264 million mansions on lake Geneva which are dilapidated and in desperate need of doing up and turning a profit on A.S.A.P! Both leave me with a light coating of sweat on waking.

Feels like a lot of things have been 'under construction' inside and outside my body over that last year and I guess it's sinking in that they are now culminating and coming together - ready to be lived to the full and that the dust is settling yet there are still so many loose ends left to tie up!

At least the nursery is ready. It's a bit pink for a boy... but I'm counting on the fact that he won't notice that until he's old enough to be playing in other boys more appropriately 'boy-coloured' bedrooms. Failing that I can buy time pretending not to understand him until he can properly enunciate in the queen's very best english 'Yuk mummy what were you thinking when you were decorating my bedroom - change it, change it NOW or forever call me Wendy!

And considering he will be learning at least 2 languages from day 0+, I'm guessing that this will buy me about 4 years before I need to get the painters in and have to deal with the actually living nightmare of having them work their 'magic' on our walls again!

No comments:

Post a Comment