Thursday, October 6, 2011

I'm back after a sense of humour failure...

I'm back after a sense of humour failure... I can't quite remember the details of what lead to the moment it happened... perhaps the small flood in the tv room that no one could account for, or the bath not being as close to the wall as I'd drawn up (getting irrationally emotional over details like these are normal I'm told when you spent 5 hours drawing a plan, measuring to scale and working out details as meticuslousy as if you were making an origami swan for a blind midget only to be told by a man who spends too much time sweeping his long locks across his face with the back of his hand that he won't even try to do as you asked - because he's a stubborn numbnuts*.)

Or perhaps it was the call from my wooden floor supplier to tell me that my wood had arrived in 2 batches and they didn't look anything alike... but maybe we could mix and match!

Thinking this sounded like a sub-optimal solution for us and a great solution for him - I decided to temporarily put him out by turning his showroom floor into my bedroom floor and sort out the planks by colour differentiation - just to see if we could work with it. After 2 hours of placing and replacing we concluded that we could not work with it. He said he would call me with a new lead time for the new order of wood to be delivered but he hasn't yet and he suddenly seems very occupied elsewhere...

Anyway - today the sun shone on me and the house - the workers were all friendly (probably because in 15 days they won't have me breathing down their necks anymore). That's right! The architect confirmed that we would do the 'etat des lieu' and the 'remise des clefs' on friday 21st and then the house will be ours, all ours! I don't think I thought the day would ever come - and though the place still looks like a tip it will be 'the tip we live in'!

* Just found out that aforementioned numbnuts has been fired! Maybe he's going to get a job in a hairdressing salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment